Lymphatic Drainage Therapy is a light touch Manual Therapy that assists with: Immune system stimulation, chronic pain, depression, detoxification of the body, insomnia, muscle tension and inflammation relief.
What are the Benefits of Lymphatic Drainage Therapy?
- Reduction in the symptoms of chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia.
- Helps with Thyroid conditions such as Hypothyroid, Hyperthyroid & Hashimoto’s Disease.
- Significantly helps relieve seasonal allergies and chronic ear infections.
- Deep relaxation to aid insomnia, depression, stress, loss of vitality, and loss of memory.
- Relief of chronic pain.
- Overall Detoxification of the body.
- Regeneration of tissues and anti-aging effects.
- Immune system stimulation for preventive and therapeutic effects.
- Relief of chronic and subacute inflammation with conditions such as acne, and eczema.
- Antispastic actions to relieve conditions such as voluntary or involuntary muscle hypertonus.
How does Lymphatic Drainage work?
Unlike the circulatory system, which uses the pumping of the heart to circulate its blood flow, lymph vessels rely upon hundreds of tiny muscular units contracting throughout the body to propel lymph flow (Mislin, 1961). These contractions enable the lymph vessels to transport numerous substances (i.e., proteins, toxins, hormones, fatty acids, immune cells) to lymph nodes, which can then process them. The action of these muscular units can be hindered or stopped, however, due to surgery, trauma, burns, infections, substantial swelling, fatigue, stress or age. When the lymph circulation stagnates, fluids, proteins, cells, and toxins accumulate, and cellular functioning is significantly compromised (Adair, Guyton, 1982). This may open the way to many physical ailments and slow the aging process.
Lymphatic Drainage Therapy is an original hands-on method of lymphatic drainage developed by Bruno Chikly, MD, DO. Created out of his award-winning research on the lymphatic system, Lymphatic Drainage Therapy takes traditional techniques and adds a new level of precision in keeping with the latest scientific discoveries and exact anatomical science.
Lymphatic Drainage Therapy techniques enable me to detect the specific rhythm, direction, depth, and quality of the lymphatic flow. As a result, I can achieve profound, more precise outcomes in shorter periods of time. For the client, the process is very relaxing and induces deep states of relaxation. I always advise that the client drink plenty of water throughout the day following the session. This helps to rapidly flush out the accumulated toxins that were drained during the session.