Reiki Energy Healing is an ancient, gentle, and non-invasive energy healing method. This Japanese healing technique promotes balance within your whole system; mind, body and spirit. This means, that although you may come to a Reiki session looking for relief from a physical ailment or emotional issue, you may find that you start to reap the benefits on many levels in unexpected ways.
Energy healing is a highly individual experience. My clients often report a feeling of deep relaxation, or that their body is gently moving, as it naturally re-adjusts itself. Others report intense heat from my hands and/or the abilities to vividly see the chakra colors or other visions. Many of my clients report feeling that they are out-of-body or floating above the treatment table.
Reiki Energy Healing is a recognized therapy treatment in many hospitals around the world including the MD Anderson Cancer Center and many children’s hospitals.
Included in every session, is a full body energy scan and chakra clearing/balancing. I also use the natural healing power of crystals, Himalayan salt lamps, aromatherapy (Young Living EO) & sound therapy (396hz-1000+hz) to complement the healing session.
What are the chakra’s and what do they do?
The chakras are the energy centers in the body in which energy flows through. Blocked energy in our chakras can lead to illness, so it’s important to understand what each chakra represents and what we can do to keep this energy flowing freely. Here is a very brief explanation of the 7 main chakras.
- Root Chakra: The root chakra governs our most basic survival needs and it represents our foundation and feeling of being grounded. When open and flowing, we feel secure and confident that we can easily fulfill our needs. Blockages in this area can cause us to feel anxious, worried or fearful. Location: Base of spine in tailbone area. Emotional Connection: Survival issues such as financial independence and your basic needs being met.
- Sacral Chakra: The sacral chakra is associated with creativity in all its expressions. It is also our connection and ability to accept others and new experiences. When blocked, you can feel emotionally unstable and have a lack of self-esteem or self-worth. Location: Lower abdomen, about 2 inches below the navel. Emotional Connection: Sense of abundance, well-being, pleasure and sexuality.
- Solar Plexus Chakra: The solar plexus chakra is the seat of your power in the world. When open and flowing, you are capable of translating your intentions and desires into manifestation. When blocked, you can feel frustrated and ineffective in your life. Location: Upper abdomen in the stomach area. Emotional Connection: Self-worth, self-confidence and self-esteem.
- Heart Chakra: The heart chakra is dedicated to overcoming separation and division. When open and flowing, you feel connected at a deep level to all beings in your life. It is our ability to love others and ourselves. When blocked, there is a sense of alienation from others. Location: Center of chest just above the heart. Emotional Connection: Love, joy and inner peace.
- Throat Chakra: The throat chakra is the center of expression. When open and flowing, you have the confidence that you are capable of communicating your needs. When blocked, a person can feel that they are not being heard. Blockages in this area are often associated with thyroid problems or chronic neck pain. Location: Throat. Emotional Connection: Communication, self-expression of feelings, speaking your truth.
- Third Eye Chakra: The third eye chakra is the center of insight and intuition. When open and flowing, you have a deep sense of connection to your inner voice and feel guided in your choices. Our ability to focus on and see the big picture. When blocked, there is a sense of self-doubt and distrust. Location: Forehead between the eyes. Emotional Connection: Intuition, imagination, wisdom, ability to think and make decisions.
- Crown Chakra: The crown chakra represents our ability to be fully connected spiritually. To have faith and trust in God or the universe (or whatever you believe in). When blocked, it can be difficult to meditate and you can feel lonely, depressed or fearful. Location: The very top of the head. Emotional Connection: Our connection to spirituality and meditation.