Reiki Energy Healing is an ancient, gentle, and non-invasive energy healing method.
This Japanese healing technique promotes balance within your whole system; mind, body & spirit. This means, that although you may come to a Reiki Energy Healing session looking for relief from a physical ailment or emotional issue; you may find that you start to reap the benefits on many levels in unexpected ways.
A Reiki treatment is a highly individual experience. People often report feeling deeply relaxed during Reiki treatments. Some report feeling heat, coolness or tingling where the practitioner has placed their hands. Others feel their body gently moving as if it were naturally re-adjusting itself. Anyone is a great candidate for Reiki Energy Healing!
Reiki Energy Healing is a recognized therapy treatment in many hospitals around the world including the MD Anderson Cancer Center and many children’s hospitals.
What should I expect for my first Reiki Energy Healing session?
The experience of Reiki is subjective, changeable, and sometimes very subtle. Some common experiences are subtle pulsations where the practitioner’s hands are placed or cascading waves of pulsations throughout the body. Many of my clients report feeling out-of-body or floating.
An interesting study reported that recipients frequently feel that they are hovering in a threshold state of consciousness, simultaneously aware of their surroundings and deeply indrawn. Some people fall into a deep, sleep-like meditative state. The most common experience is an almost immediate release of stress and a feeling of deep relaxation.
I also use the natural healing power of crystals, Himalayan salt lamps, aromatherapy & sound therapy (396hz-1000+hz) to complement the healing session. This helps clear any imbalanced emotions or physical manifestations and help facilitate a very calm energetic state.
What are the 7 Chakra’s and what do they do?
The 7 Chakras are the energy centers in our body in which energy flows through. Blocked energy in our 7 Chakras can lead to illness, so it’s important to understand what each Chakra represents and what we can do to keep this energy flowing freely. Before a Reiki session, I check all of your Chakra’s to see where there are blockages. I then clear the blockages so that your energy can flow freely. Here is a brief explanation of the 7 Chakras.
- Root Chakra: The root chakra governs our most basic survival needs and it represents our foundation and feeling of being grounded. When this chakra is clear and energy flows through it freely, we feel secure and confident that we can easily fulfill our needs. However, a blockage in this area can cause us to feel anxious and worried. Location: Base of spine in tailbone area. Emotional Connection: Survival issues such as financial independence, money, and food.
- Sacral Chakra: The sacral chakra or creativity chakra is associated with creativity in all its expressions. It fuels the creative force that enables you to paint a beautiful picture, build a business, or create a life of love and abundance. It is also our connection and ability to accept others and new experiences. Location: Lower abdomen, about 2 inches below the navel and 2 inches in. Emotional Connection: Sense of abundance, well-being, pleasure, sexuality.
- Solar Plexus Chakra: The energy chakra is localized in your solar plexus. It’s the seat of your power in the world. When this center is open and flowing, you are capable of translating your intentions and desires into manifestation. When it is blocked, you feel frustrated and ineffective. It is our ability to be confident and in-control of our lives. Location: Upper abdomen in the stomach area. Emotional Connection: Self-worth, self-confidence, self-esteem.
- Heart Chakra: The heart chakra is dedicated to overcoming separation and division. When the heart chakra is blocked, there is a sense of alienation from others. When the heart center is open and flowing, you feel connected at a deep level to all beings in your life. It is our ability to love others and ourselves. Location: Center of chest just above the heart. Emotional Connection: Love, joy, inner peace.
- Throat Chakra: The throat chakra is the center of expression. When the fifth chakra is open and flowing, you have the confidence that you are capable of communicating your needs. When the fifth chakra is obstructed, a person will often feel that they are not being heard. In order to feel alive and empowered, it’s important that this energy center is clear. Blockages in this area are often associated with thyroid problems or chronic neck pain. Location: Throat. Emotional Connection: Communication, self-expression of feelings, speaking your truth.
- Third Eye Chakra: The third eye chakra is the center of insight and intuition. When this center is open, you have a deep sense of connection to your inner voice and feel guided in your choices. When blocked, there is a sense of self-doubt and distrust. The opening of this chakra is usually associated with a clear sense of connection to one’s dharma, or purpose in life. Our ability to focus on and see the big picture. Location: Forehead between the eyes. Emotional Connection: Intuition, imagination, wisdom, ability to think and make decisions.
- Crown Chakra: The crown chakra represents our ability to be fully connected spiritually. Location: The very top of the head. Emotional Connection: Our connection to spirituality, meditation.