Energy medicine in itself is safe and natural and it is beginning to change the face of health care. According to Richard Gerber, M.D.: “The ultimate approach to healing will be to remove the abnormalities at the subtle-energy level which led to the manifestation of illness in the first place.” Norm Shealy, M.D., founding president of the American Holistic Medical Association, has flatly stated that “energy medicine is the future of all medicine.” This emerging approach is contemporary and ancient. According to Szent-Gyorgyi, Nobel laureate in Medicine: “In every culture and in every medical tradition before ours, healing was accomplished by moving energy.”
REIKI (pronounced “Ray- Key”) is an ancient, gentle, and non-invasive energy healing method. It promotes balance within your whole system; mind, body and spirit. This means, that although you may come to a Reiki session looking for relief from a physical ailment or emotional issue, you may find that you start to reap the benefits on many levels in unexpected ways.
Reiki Energy Healing is a recognized therapy treatment in many hospitals around the world, including the MD Anderson Cancer Center, and many children’s hospitals.
QIGONG (pronounced “Chee Gong”) is an ancient Chinese scientific study of the power of Qi (Chi) in the body, and the universe. The energy in a person’s body is “Qi.” “Gong” means “the work of” or “the practice of.” Thus, Qigong is the practice of energy.
Albert Einstein established that energy cannot be created nor destroyed, but energy can be transformed. Our energy is constantly being transformed! In fact, you are constantly engaged in helping to transform your energy whether you realize it or not. Every thought, every breath, every action you take, affects the vibration of your energy. You are transforming your energy without even realizing it and without even thinking about.
Medical science now understands the vital importance of the mind-body connection and interaction in health and wellness, healing and recovery. However, what Western medicine still doesn’t offer is a simple, comprehensive way of enhancing the mind-body connection.
Energy healing is a highly individual experience. Clients often report a feeling of deep relaxation, or that their body is gently moving, as it naturally re-adjusts itself. Others report intense heat from my hands and/or the abilities to vividly see the chakra colors or other visions. Many of my clients report feeling that they are out-of-body or floating weightlessly.
Included in every session, is a full body energy scan and chakra clearing/balancing. I also use the natural healing power of crystals, Himalayan salt lamps, aromatherapy and sound therapy (396hz-1000+hz) to complement the healing session.
What are the chakra’s and what do they do?
The chakras are the energy centers in the body in which energy flows through. Blocked energy in our chakras can lead to pain, illness or disease. It’s important to understand what each chakra represents, and what we can do to keep this energy flowing freely. Our chakras are fundamental to an understanding of holistic healing. Here is a brief explanation of the 7 main chakras.
- Root Chakra: The root chakra governs our most basic survival needs and it represents our foundation and feeling of being grounded. When open and flowing, we feel secure and confident that we can easily fulfill our needs. Blockages in this area can cause us to feel anxious, worried, fearful, or have to fertility issues or lower back pain. Location: Base of spine in tailbone area. Emotional Connection: Survival issues such as financial independence and your basic needs being met. Element: Earth. Essential Oils: Cedarwood, Myrrh, Patchouli. Crystals: Emerald, Carnelian, Black Tourmaline, Hematite, Onyx, Red Jasper, Red Calcite.
- Sacral Chakra: The sacral chakra is associated with creativity in all its expressions. It is also our connection and ability to accept others and new experiences. When blocked, you can feel emotionally unstable and have a lack of self-esteem or self-worth potentially Adrenal fatigue, back pain, issues with addiction. Location: Lower abdomen, about 2 inches below the navel. Emotional Connection: Sense of abundance, well-being, pleasure and sexuality. Element: Water. Essential Oils: Sandalwood, Jasmine, Rose, Ylang Ylang. Crystals: Fire Opal, Carnelian, Aquamarine, Moonstone, Emerald, Orange Calcite, Tiger Eye, Amber.
- Solar Plexus Chakra: The solar plexus chakra is the seat of your power in the world, your life-force energy. When open and flowing, you are capable of translating your intentions and desires into manifestation. When blocked, you can feel frustrated and ineffective in your life or have issues with the pancreas, gallbladder or digestion. Location: Upper abdomen in the stomach area. Emotional Connection: Self-worth, self-confidence and self-esteem. Element: Fire. Essential Oils: Sage, Juniper, Geranium. Crystals: Citrine, Sapphire, Emerald, Yellow Jasper, Lemon Quartz.
- Heart Chakra: The heart chakra is dedicated to overcoming separation and division. When open and flowing, you feel connected at a deep level to all beings in your life. It is our ability to love others and ourselves. When blocked, there is a sense of alienation from others or heart, lung or thymus issues. Location: Center of chest just above the heart. Emotional Connection: Love, joy and inner peace. Element: Air. Essential Oils: Rose, Melissa, Neroli. Crystals: Peridot, Pink Topaz, Rhodonite, Rose Quartz, Green Topaz, Kunzite, Watermelon Tourmaline, Aventurine, Rhodocrosite, Jade.
- Throat Chakra: The throat chakra is the center of expression. When open and flowing, you have the confidence that you are capable of communicating your needs. When blocked, a person can feel that they are not being heard, blockages in this area are often associated with thyroid problems or chronic neck pain. Location: Throat. Emotional Connection: Communication, self-expression of feelings, speaking your truth. Element: Ether/Akasha. Essential Oils: Chamomile, Lavender, Rosemary, Thyme. Crystals: Blue Topaz, Yellow Topaz, Quartz, Turquoise, Lapis Lazuli, Amazonite, Chrysocolla.
- Third Eye Chakra: The third eye chakra is the center of insight and intuition. When open and flowing, you have a deep sense of connection to your inner voice and feel guided in your choices. Our ability to focus on and see the big picture. When blocked, there is a sense of self-doubt and distrust or pituitary issues. Location: Forehead between the eyes. Emotional Connection: Intuition, imagination, wisdom, ability to think and make decisions. Element: Spirit. Essential Oils: Frankincense, Basil. Crystals: Herkimer Diamond, Emerald, Sapphire, Lapis Lazuli, Amethyst, Moldavite, Flourite.
- Crown Chakra: The crown chakra represents our ability to be fully connected spiritually. To have faith and trust in God or the universe (or whatever you believe in). When blocked, it can be difficult to meditate and you can feel lonely, depressed or fearful, or have issues with the pineal gland. Location: The very top of the head. Emotional Connection: Our connection to spirituality and meditation. Element: Spirit. Essential Oils: Rosewood, Linden, Ylang Ylang. Crystals: Celestite, Blue Sapphire, Sugilite, Charoite, Selenite, Quartz, Amethyst, Labradorite.
Book an Appointment